TRAINERS INVITATION TO ATTEND – RQ WHS Presentation and RJC Program Meeting – Wed 31 March
Published 23 March 2022
RQ is inviting all interested trainers to attend a presentation and discussion on workers’ compensation and workplace health & safety in the racing industry, by Mark Hopsick, WHS Manager and Sarah Brown, Workcover & WHS Coordinator, at the Rockhampton Jockey Club members room on Thursday 31 March 2022 at 10AM.-12PM. The purpose of the presentation is to provide information and education on workers’ compensation claims and premium management and workplace health and safety information to assist trainers in managing their obligations, risks and costs. The session will include –
- Who should be covered for workers’ compensation.
- How WCQ manage claims and how trainers can influence this.
- Rehabilitation and return to work.
- Common law – how to manage it.
- How claims impact premiums and how to manage this.
- What are the WHS obligations and risks that trainers are responsible for and how to manage them.
Please rsvp by Monday 28th March 2022 to email@example.com
The Members Lounge – Callaghan Park
Trainers please note the RJC will be holding a Program Meeting at 1pm which we invite you all to attend to discuss and provide input into the upcoming program schedule at Callaghan Park.
Light lunch and refreshments will be provided at midday after the RQ meeting and prior to the Program Meeting.
We look forward to you all being in attendance.
Rockhampton Jockey Club