There are many ways to experience the thrill of racehorse ownership in Central Queensland. The major benefit of racing a thoroughbred locally in Central Queensland is seeing your horse “in the flesh” while you enjoy a day at the races.
Below are some suggestions to help you turn your horse racing dream into reality!
Talk a local Horse Trainer
Local horse trainers are a good starting point if you’re looking to find out more information about owning a horse to race at Rockhampton’s Callaghan Park.
Talk a local a Thoroughbred Breeder
There are many thoroughbred breeders in Central Queensland. The major breeders are members of the Central Queensland Thoroughbred Breeders’ Association.
If you would like to discuss breeding options, here are some contacts for local breeders:
- Dianne Ouston, Springton Park Spelling Farm – 0408 281 144
- Bruce Watts and Susan Peddle, Riverside Thoroughbreds – (07) 4937 1488 or 0427 371 488 email@example.com
- Greg Sturgiss – 0408 882 263
- Judi Goor-Mundell – (07) 4934 7477 or 0417 618 719 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adrienne McCosker – 0434 359 931 email@example.com
- Ray Coyne, Stewart Park Stud – 0407 039 213 firstname.lastname@example.org
Buy Your Own local Race Horse
The local Capricornia Yearling Sale is held annually in Rockhampton every April.
There are numerous syndicators offering shares in racehorses throughout Rockhampton and Australia. Offering horses for sale by shares or syndication is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). For more information on promoters, syndicates and syndications visit Thoroughbred Racing Queensland Syndicates & Syndications